Monday, February 17, 2014

Missionary Monday: Elder Trotman Serving In Pennsylvania


Here is a recent post from Elder Trotman's Blog:

The Savior

Well I'm currently experiencing my first cold/sickness on my mission. My head hurts, I can't breathe and I just want to sleep all day but other than that, all is well.

We've been getting fed a lot because our bishop talked about us during Sacrament Meeting and said that the ward is big enough that we should be in a member's home for dinner with a non-member friend every night. The ward has positively responded and our fridge has been given an over-whelming amount of leftovers. It's starting to get colder here, which is nice.

My favorite hymn right now is "A Child's Prayer" because I know this is not just a song, but it is a true prayer:

1. Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

2. Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n.

Heavenly Father does answer every child's prayer and as the scriptures tell us to be as a child, we are to pray. We are His children and He answers our prayers. He loves us. He watches over us.

I would like to add one more thing. We had Zone Conference on Thursday this week and it was so inspiring and touching. An elder stood up and said, "Whenever I think about the pre-mortal life, I imagine our Father saying: "I have a plan of happiness for you my children. For this plan to work, it is necessary that one of you go down before your brothers and sisters and teach them about my plan. However, and no matter how much you love them, they will crucify you. You will be filled with immense pain and sorrow, but know, I am here. Who is willing to go done and sacrifice yourself for my children?" Then we see this little figure at the front of the congregation stand up and say, "I will Father. I, Jehovah, your first son, will sacrifice myself for my brothers and sisters.""

I can't even fathom the love Jesus Christ has for us. He has felt your greatest pain. He has felt every tear drop that falls from our eye on His own face. He knows you. He is the only one that can truly comfort you. As He tells John, he tells you personally and individually, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27 I bear my testimony and give unto you my witness of The Savior's peace and love. He loves us more than we will ever comprehend. He will never leave us, even if we try to leave Him. He will, and constantly does, comfort us. He has paid the price and gives us life. He is the son of our God and Father. Our Father hears our prayers and answers them more often than we think. They love us. I love you with all my heart. In the name of Jesus Christ, our dear brother, Amen.

Love,
Elder Trotman

Elder Trotman is currently serving in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania mission from the Daniels Park Ward. You can e-mail  him at derrick.trotman@myldsmail.net. For more information regarding Elder Trotman's mission, please visit his blog at: http://elderderricktrotman.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment