Monday, June 23, 2014

Missionary Monday: Elder Wandry Serving In California Arcadia

Here is part of a recent letter from Elder Wandry:

So on a not so cool note. We were walking down the street and this car just comes up outta nowhere behind us. I could hear the hollering and yelling and thought, "oh man here they go, they’re gonna yell stuff at us again." So I was like whatever-- they’ll just drive by like usual right? Wrong. They pull out in front of us and one kid hops out and gets right in our faces and yells and runs by us. I'm like, "dang, this kid is way drunk and it's only noon." So, he is behind us yelling at us and stuff, just a typical white kid about 20 with tattoos all over his face. We keep walking and he nailed me right in the back with his can of beer.....man I was so mad. I turned around and was ready to unleash on this guy, but words would not come out of my mouth. I didn't know why, but I couldn't say anything. I wasn't scared and I for sure wanted to say things to him and what not, but I couldn't. I kept walking and was like, "what the heck, what is wrong?!" Hahaha I realized it was God telling me not to do anything and by turning the other cheek it would be better. I got beer all over my hand and a little on my back and bag, but, hey, I guess now I have joined a group of people like Elder Holland talked about in his last talk hahahaha the costs and blessings of discipleship! Overall a good week and I learned a lot.
 
 
 
Elder Tyler Wandry


It was so hot one day when Elder Wandry got back to his apartment one evening that Elder Wandry and his companion took turns sitting in the fridge to cool off, and apparently eat a snack! 
 


They have some enormous burritos in Azusa, where Elder Wandry is now serving:
 
 
Elder Wandry is serving from the Saddle Ranch Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment