Friday, March 21, 2014

Meet The Stake Young Women's Leaders!

We are incredibly fortunate in Highlands Ranch to have leaders who love and bless our stake and our neighborhoods on a daily basis. In this post, we invite you to meet our unbelievable stake Young Women Leaders- thank you for all that you do for the the youth in our stake!


2014 YM/YW Theme:

The 2014 theme for all young women and young men is:

 “Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him”  
(Moroni 10:32)

We all love to receive invitations to special events such as birthdays, weddings, graduations and other celebrations.  These important dates are marked on our calendars and we are excited!  Sometimes a lot of thought and preparation go into the gift we will give, what we will wear, or the travel arrangements we need to make to be certain we don’t miss the celebration.  Our invitation to “Come unto Christ” is one invitation we do not want to miss! 

Fortunately, our Savior’s invitation is not a one-time event.  It is a life long process of obedience to the commandments, learning, keeping baptismal covenants, and building our faith.  It is the same path the young women of our stake are following to enter God’s holy temple to make additional promises with our Heavenly Father and participate in saving ordinances.  Our young women know they are daughters of God and have responded to our Savior’s divine invitation as they strive to live righteously each and every day.

Kerry Bright, Stake YW President

I am the luckiest woman in the Highlands Ranch Stake because I have the privilege of associating with over 250 of the most remarkably devoted, talented, smart, lovely girls ages 12-18.  Their dedication and enthusiasm for living the gospel of Jesus Christ is absolutely inspiring!   I also get to serve alongside amazing women who are truly disciples of Christ. 

My life has been a bounty of blessings. I had a happy childhood in Southern California with two brothers and the best parents in the world.  I studied and graduated from beautiful BYU Hawaii.  With a lot of faith, this was the only university I applied for and knew without a doubt it was where I needed to go.  BYU Hawaii was the only university my husband applied for, too.  I am mindful of the Lord’s hand in helping us find one another!  Our marriage has brought remarkable joy to my life, as have our 3 wonderful children. 
Biking, boating, skiing, hiking, walking, traveling, and cooking are a few of my favorite things.  But honestly, I love to do anything with the people I love the most, my family!  I am honored and humbled to be a mother and recognize the magnitude of the trust that women are given in partnering with God to help guide his spirits back to Him.

My knowledge of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is my greatest treasure.  Jesus Christ is God’s Son and the Savior of the world in whom we can overcome anything and everything.  We are daughters and sons of God, our Heavenly Father and he loves us always, and we love him!

Shelley Stolk, Stake YW 1st Counselor


Serving the Young Women of the Highlands Ranch Stake is one of the greatest blessings of my life.    I love teenagers (including my own) and am continually amazed by their strength, their testimonies and their resolve to live good, Christ-centered lives. It is truly a humbling experience to “lead” them.

On a personal note, I come from the greatest family that ever existed and I’m so grateful for the knowledge I have that families are forever.  Marrying my husband was the single best (and most important) decision I ever made and as a result, I have 4 great kids.  I currently work part-time as a Registered Nurse and love the opportunity it gives me to offer comfort and “fun” to an otherwise difficult illness and/or experience. 
I know that our Heavenly Father loves each one of us and is acutely aware of our needs, our struggles and our desires.  During the very darkest times of my life, I have felt His peace and warmth wash over me, leaving no doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to return to Him.

Shanna Babbitt, Stake YW 2nd Counselor

Serving in the Stake Young Women Presidency in Highlands Ranch is the best calling ever!  I have lived in Highlands Ranch for almost 12 years and I have been impressed by the beautiful, talented and strong young women of the stake.  When we moved here I was blown away with the commitment and strength as I served with the young women.  I know that our Heavenly Father truly loves each one of these girls as the Spirit has touched my heart time and time again as I spend time and service in this program. I want to be better when I am around them.

I have been married 18 years to my awesome husband and have 4 fabulous children.  Three of them are currently in the YM/YW program and I love it!  I know that living here has taught them and strengthened them in the Gospel.  I love to be outdoors here in Colorado and spend time with my family and friends.  I am grateful for my Savior and Heavenly Father as they are patient and loving with me as I learn and grow.

Stephanie Stones, Stake YW Secretary

Serving in Young Women's is my favorite assignment in the church.  I have a special place in my heart for teenagers and the struggles they face at this time of their lives.  The gospel becomes real to them at this stage and it is humbling to have even a small part in helping them gain and strengthen testimonies that will bless the rest of their lives.

I was born in the Northwest. I went to BYU-Idaho and served a mission in Pusan, Korea. I am married to the man of my dreams and we are the lucky parents of two great teenagers. While they are in school, I work at home as a hairstylist. When I get time to myself I love running, biking, online scrapbooking or planning our next family adventure. Simply said, I have come to know through experience and prayer that the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ are true. As I live the teachings, I am happy, my life is richer, and I feel peace. The gospel of Jesus Christ makes sense to my mind and brings peace to my heart.  I strive to live the teachings and example of Jesus Christ and treat others as He would. I try to never shy away from opportunities to help someone who may need something big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment