Monday, July 28, 2014

Missionary Monday: Sister Carolyn Redford Serving In Newburgh, NY

A few weeks ago we posted about Sister Redford serving in Argentina. You can read about her HERE. Now, her sister has joined her in serving the Lord, only instead of Argentina, she is in New York.

Here is a recent letter from Sister Carolyn Redford:

Hello family!
 
Sounds like you guys had a pretty superb week! Lyss, I'm super jealous! Dad, I remember you showing me that song, and I really liked it! I can't believe A is going on a mission! That's so awesome! I wish him the best of luck! Mom, my talk went pretty well! I got through it at least, and took up an appropriate amount of time! So that's good. I felt a little bad because our ward is part deaf, so one of the elders translates during the sacrament, and I was talking really fast because I was super nervous, so oops. But other than that it was good! I really enjoyed church this past week. We learned about covenants and baptism and it renewed my faith in those topics. Anyway, my week was pretty good. I was really frustrated the other day because it seemed like literally nothing was working out. It's just been tough because somedays are super good and some days are rougher,  but we canNOT figure out what the difference is between those days. But we are working with some really awesome people who are definitely prepared. Anyway, nothing too interesting happened this week. Yesterday, Paul ( a member) did this goodbye breakfast for our district, and he made the best bacon I've ever had. Then he had a prize for the people who were leaving( a box of Cheerios!) but they had to rap for it! Only one of them actually rapped ( the white boy from Utah), then one of them did a backflip, one of them did the worm and the last one sang! It was pretty hilarious and I super wish I would've recorded it. 
 
Anyway, this week we're trying to focus more on faith and hope. I never realized that hope is having trust in a God and His promises. And faith is having the courage to act on it. So, hope plays a bigger part than I realized. I'm hoping to be a little better this week, and I'll show my faith but working like crazy! It's gonna be great! I hope you guys have a good week too! Love you all so much!
 
Love, 
Sister Redford 

P.s. Today is transfers! I made it through six whole weeks and I'm still alive!

Sister Redford is serving from the Falcon Park Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment